Believe it or not, summer is right around the corner and the quarantine is coming to an end.
Are you ready to greet the warmer weather with shorts, tank tops and bathing suits?
If the thought of being seen in your bathing suit makes you uncomfortable then it’s time to spend the next 30 days dropping excess pounds and getting into better shape.
Then you’ll exit quarantine and ride out the summer months fitter than ever and more likely to eat healthier, indulge less and stick with your workout schedule.
I’m here to help get you in shape for summer. Start with these 5 steps to slim down your body over the next 30 days…
1. Start logging your Calories: This is such a simple way to be more aware of what you are putting in your body every day. Most people under estimate what they consume by about 30%. That means that you could reduce your calorie intake just by paying closer attention. My Fitness Pal is a great way to start.
2. Start an Exercise Routine: Take the next 30 days to really focus your efforts in the gym. Train as if you were preparing yourself for an athletic event, with the mindset that each and every workout is important in seeing you through your goal. Track your workouts so you know how much weight you used, how many reps you did, and how many sets. Make sure that you are trying to meet or beat those numbers with each session.
3. Cut out the Junk: Everyone has foods that they simply can't resist. Whether you are sweets person, or a salty snack kind of person, we all know they are a problem. For the next 30 days, get that stuff out of your house. If you were trying to quit smoking, you wouldn't leave a pack on the counter that you had to walk past every day would you? No. You would get them as far away from you as possible.
4. Enjoy Protein and Veggies: Enough about all the things you can’t eat, let’s talk about what you can eat. Your meals should be a variety of protein and veggies. For protein stick with lean meat that has been roasted, baked or grilled. For veggies, try to stick to the leafy green variety. These are full of vitamins and minerals, and are also very filling. They will help curb your appetite when you are starting this new journey.
5. Get Some Help: The best way to get somewhere you have never been is to have someone who has show you the way. That is where having a coach can help you navigate the road to your goals. If you feel like you keep getting lost on your way to your goals, I can draw you a map.
So there you have it, 5 simple steps to come out of quarantine in BETTER shape than you went into it!
Remember, the next 30 days are going to pass whether you focus on your fitness or not. So, you’re going to spend the next 30 days simply getting older and more out-of-shape OR you could buckle down and finally make your amazing transformation.
The choice is yours.